Wednesday 10 December 2014

Architectural Techiniques

Project 1  DECONSTRUCTING Part One - Case Study and Thematic Research

In project 1, I had selected a theme which was coffee to have further research on. Coffee was trending recently and I wan interested in studying it with great interest. Every week before the submission I had presented my interpretation towards coffee in class based on three aspects which were light and shadow, movement, and function and scale.


Theme: Coffee

Reflection:
This project had me exposed to areas that were not related to architecture. But I had learned to have an alternative interpretation about something and associate the understanding to architecture which were light and shadowmovement, and function and scale.





Project 2  DECONSTRUCTING Part Two - Case Study and Analytical Diagrams

I had selected a building that is not known by many for this project which is called the Peoples Meeting Dome. It was built in Denmark as a temporary structure for an annual meeting. Diagrams had to be used to show our understandings towards the building. The analysis made of the building had to be related to the theme which was coffee in this case.


Building: Peoples Meeting Dome

Reflection:
I had learned to see things in a different way which helped to develop comprehensive analysis of a building. To help analyse the building, I had used diagrams in understanding the idea development of a building. This project also helped improved my presentation skill in front of many.





Project 3  RECONSTRUCTING Part Two - Modelling the Interpretation


By abstracting few ideas from project 1 and 2, I analysed them architecturally and created a space.  I found similarities between coffee and the chosen building and successfully turned the ideas into an architectural space. A model of an A4 size was done. I had a few diagrams to explain the idea behind the design.


Interpretation Model


Reflection:
I had learned to interpret few ideas and relate them to architecture. Concepts were created and developed in the process to help proposing the architectural designed. Techniques of creating diagrams was explored to communicate ideas better.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment <3